Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Read for a Better Life!

CISD is promoting a culture of reading by calling to action all adults within the Conroe ISD community to devote at least 30 minutes a day to reading aloud to children.

One of my favorite times of the school day is when we are all on the floor and I get to read my favorite books to the kids!

Today, September 21, was the CISD Read for a Better Life Kickoff!

DSCN1761

To help celebrate and encourage reading, we had a very special guest reader!

DSCN1757 

My dad came to read to us today!  He read two wonderful books and told us how much he loves to read!

DSCN1758 

I am so blessed to have a dad who is still involved in school with me and who loves to visit my class!  Thanks, dad!!

DSCN1760

“The single most important activity for building knowledge required for eventual success in life is reading aloud to children.” -Becoming a Nation of Readers Report

No comments:

Post a Comment